Classes at Sew Much Happens Sewing Academy
Classes are taught in a multi-age and multi-skill format. All students are working on different projects and sewing aspects at all times. MACHINES PROVIDED! No need to have your own machine, however students are welcome to bring their own sewing machine, I just ask that they have basic operating knowledge, if they need individual help with learning their machine, please check out the Learn Your Machine Class.
Classes are held in 4 Sessions:
· Fall Session (September - November )
· Winter Session (December - February)
· Spring Session (April-May)(2018 only) March - May (from then on)
· Summer Session (June-August)
Bi-Weekly Classes meet 2 times a month for two hours each. We meet a total of 4 hours a month.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Please read all policies and procedures carefully before registering for classes.
How to Register:
· Register for classes with openings under the "click here to register" tab and follow instructions
· An annual registration fee of $55 (this is only charged once a year) is due at the time of booking, this will hold your spot in class and purchases your class booklet and patterns, this fee also covers the cost of class supplies used during class (scissors, seam gauges, seam rippers, etc). The registration fee is not a tuition payment! Students may attend classes on a monthly basis and continue as it fits with your schedule. If you decide to take time off, you're more than welcome (read cancellation policy), please note that your spot is only held for paying months. There is no contract or monthly membership.
· Tuition is $60.00 per month
· Class payments are due on the 15th of the preceding month of classes.
· An emailed invoice is sent on the 1st of each month, due no later than the 15th.
· A $25 late charge will be added (each student) for payments made after the 15th. After 2 late payments you will be required to set up automatic payments or pay the remaining session balance in full to continue.
· You may also set up automatic payments and your preferred card on file will be charged on the 15th of each month.
A 14-day notice should be given for students wishing to drop a class
If you would like to pay by credit or debit card, there is a 3% fee added to your total. There is NO FEE for payments made by check or cash.
All makeup classes are based on availability and must be prearranged with instructor. A 12 hour notice of absence is required when available.
No classes will be held on observed national holidays and special events (for example Super Bowl, Mother’s/Father’s Day, etc.) Please see the class calendar, some bi-weekly classes are held on different weeks due to holiday and schedule conflicts. The bi-weekly class schedule gives a lot of flexibility to schedule around holidays. Snow day closures will follow Medina City Schools schedules.